24 Volt Ignition Control Module 5 Wire Edge Connector used with Edge Connector (White Rodgers) OBSOLETE- No Longer Available - DO NOT ORDER
Quantity in Basket: None
OBSOLETE- No Longer Available - DO NOT ORDER
White Rodgers Ignition Control Module 5 Wire Edge Connector used with Edge Connector Gas Valves, Spark Plug or 1/4" Spade Connectors.
Description of Item:
Combination Pilot Relight Control And Lockout Timer, Safety Switch, Ignition And Detection For Gas Pilots With 5 Terminal Edge Connector For Use With Edge Connect Type 36C Gas Valves, Not Interchangeable With 50A22-1 or 50A22-4
1. Turn off power to the system at the main fuse or breaker box before beginning installation.
2. Mount the 50A22 relight/timer control in an area on the appliance where it will not be affected by rollout flame, flame heat, or radiant heat. Maximum ambient temperature should not exceed 155° F.
a. Be sure metal-to-metal contact is made between mounting hole standoffs on 50A22 and mounting surface.
b. Connect the high voltage lead to the terminal on top of the 50A22, after feeding the lead through the angled insulation boot.
Press the boot over the connection (see fig. 2).
Avoid excessive strain on the ignition cable, as this may cause the cable to pull out of the ceramic. (The ignition cable is held in the ceramic by a push-on connector.)
3. Plug the 5-wire connector from the gas valve wiring harness into the receptacle on the 50A22 (see figs. 2 & 3). Be sure metal clips in 5-wire plug are aligned.
4. If replacing a 24 volt gas valve, attach wires previously connect to old gas valve to the terminals on the 50A22 Relight/Timer. If replacing other control configurations, refer to figures 5 and 6 for typical wiring.
5. Refer to fig. 4 for typical system wiring hookup. When wiring this system, be sure the limit control is not accidentally wired out of the circuit.
6. Inspect all existing wiring for damage, loose connections, etc. Secure all wiring to chassis or piping with electrical/friction tape or plastic wire-wraps so they will not be able to contact high temperature locations.
Replaces Ignition Control Module Part Numbers:
50A22201 50A22-201 50A22-230 50A22230 CAR50A22201.