Dual Fuel Kit Used with Gas & Heat Pump Systems (Rheem Ruud)
Quantity in Basket: None
Fossil Fuel Kit Used with Gas & Heat Pump Systems (Rheem Ruud)
Fossil Fuel Kits
The Rheem® RXPF Fossil Fuel Kits are intended to be used where the heat pump may provide heat at a lower cost than oil, natural gas or L.P. gas within a certain outdoor temperature range. The kit permits the heat pump to operate at temperatures (usually from 30°F to 35°F and above) where the heat pump is most efficient. For the colder periods, the heating will be provided by a standard furnace which has approximately the same efficiency at all temperatures.
The RXPF Fossil Fuel Kits are for use with Rheem Heat Pumps and most fossil-fueled warm air furnaces. They operate by turning the heat pump off at a pre-determined outdoor temperature permitting the furnace to heat as demanded by the wall thermostat. When the outdoor temperature warms up, it will lock out the furnace and let the heat pump do the heating. A plenum switch is employed that will, during heat pump defrost, turn the furnace on as required to prevent cold drafts.
The set point of the kit is adjustable. The recommended set point should be that temperature at which the heat pump will just provide 100% of the heating requirements.
When used with a recommended thermostat, the emergency heat feature easily allows conversion to 100% fossil fuel heat should the heat pump fail, for any reason. Also, the heat pump only switch on the kit allows 100% use of the heat pump if for any reason the fossil fuel heat should fail (such as component failure or lack of fossil fuel).
• Heat Pump Operation when Outdoor Air Temperature is above set point. • Gas Furnace Operation when Outdoor Air Temperature is below set point. (“Heat” Blower Speed)
• Indoor Thermostat set to “Heat” Outdoor Thermostat Set to “Heat Pump Only”, only the Heat Pump Operates.
• Indoor Thermostat Set to “Emer”, only the Furnace Operates on 1st Stage. • Defrost, Furnace cycles on when supply air temp. drops to 95°F, Cycles Off when supply air temp. reaches 110°F. Blower runs in cooling speed.
Replaces Rheem, Ruud Weatherking Part Numbers:
RXPF-F02 RXPF-FO2 AS-52048-03 62-24102-01 62-24102-02 41-20874-01 RXPFF02 CARRXPFF02.
Used in Rheem, Ruud Weatherking Equipment Models:
• Meets Tennessee Valley Authority (T.V.A.) requirements (No connection to “E” on Indoor Thermostat).
• 1st Stage, Heat Pump Operates
• 2nd Stage, Furnace Operates, Heat Pump Shuts Off
• Indoor Thermostat Set to “Emer” Furnace Operates on 1st Stage (Optional)
• Defrost, Furnace cycles on when supply air temp. drops to 95°F., cycles off when supply air temp. reaches 110°F. Blower in Cooling Speed (for TVA, in Defrost 2nd Stage “On” has no effect).
Interface Wiring Board
Plenum Switch Assy.
Wiring Diagram Thermostat
Booklet Remote Heat Pump
Used in Furnace Models:
RGFD-06EMCKS RGFD-07EMCKS RGFD-09EZCMS RGFD-10EZCMS RGFD-12ERCMS UGPL Series